The University of Bradford expects its staff to undertake research that all those involved in its undertaking can have trust and confidence in. Our research is expected to be conducted honestly and professionally, and should adhere to regulations and expected standards.
As a signatory to the Universities UK (UUK) concordat to support research integrity, a national framework for good research conduct and its governance, we commit to support and promote research integrity in these ways:
- maintaining the highest standards of rigour and integrity in all aspects of research;
- ensuring that research is conducted according to appropriate ethical, legal and professional frameworks, obligations and standards;
- supporting a research environment that is underpinned by a culture of integrity and based on good governance, best practice and support for the development of researchers;
- using transparent, robust and fair processes to deal with allegations of research misconduct should they arise;
- working together to strengthen the integrity of research and to reviewing progress regularly and openly.
To ensure our staff meet our expected standards on research integrity, we deal with any allegations of misconduct in a transparent, robust and fair way and provide a high-level public statement of any formal investigations undertaken into research misconduct.
We support and strengthen our researchers understanding of research integrity through a suite of training and awareness raising events for staff and students. We run research student ethics training within our , and provide specific tools and guidance for students and staff working with patients and the NHS.
You can find policies and statements, including research ethics and whistleblowing, on our Governance Website.
For more information about formal investigations carried out, please view our research concordat statement below.
Named point of contact for research integrity
If you have any concerns about the integrity of our research or would like more information about how we comply with the Concordat, please contact:
Professor John Bridgeman
Pro-Vice-Chancellor (Research and Knowledge Transfer)
Office of the Vice-Chancellor
University of Bradford
Tel: 01274 235565
Email: email@example.com (Pam McClaren - PA)
If you would like to contact a confidential third party person to raise concerns about the integrity of our research, please read our Whisteblowing policy for details on how to do this.